Friday, September 14, 2012

Sometimes you just need a swift kick in the pants

My dad has a saying about those times where your “get up and go” seems to have “got up and went.” He says sometimes you just need a swift kick in the pants. And that’s exactly what I need right now. It’s pretty hard to admit, but we all need a pep talk and a shot of motivation now and then. 

My September got off to a rough start. For reasons I’m not really eager to share, I let my plans and goals go completely off the rails. And even though the situation has been improving over the last several days, I’m still feeling residual funk—you know, fatigue, lack of ambition, crankiness, etc. 

So now I’m telling you, the inter-web. Because once other people know, you have to be accountable. It’s too easy to fake everything being ok. Not that I’m looking for sympathy, I’m just giving myself that swift kick in the pants! And sometimes just knowing that other people know when everything’s not stellar is enough to turn things around. 

Now then, as a result of this swift kick, I’m revising the posts that were sitting in my drafts folder patiently waiting to be posted and actually posting them. Sometimes forging ahead gets the ball rolling. Fingers crossed! 

In the meantime, I’d like to know how you get your ball rolling when the inertia sets in. Please share!

No comments: